Tuesday, February 05, 2008
This is not a little bit country...
Through a random search, you come up with your bands name, the title of your album and the album cover photo. You can't keep refreshing the link. Ya gotta work with what you get. :)
Let's make a band:
1. Click here. The first article title is the name of your band.
2. Click here. The last four words of the very last quote is the title of your album.
3. Click here. The third picture, no matter what it is, will be your album cover.
4. Take your photo, add the band name and title, then post it.Here's what I got out of the mix:
My band name is: PRINCESS XENIA GEORGELEVNA OF RUSSIA
The album title is: Would Have Confused Einstein
Here is my album cover:
Friday, October 26, 2007
October Only Comes Once a Year
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
Lights, Camera, Pump it Up
Many of Roo's friends have fall birthdays, so we talk about birthdays A LOT! We left a 'Pirate ' Party and she wanted a 'Pirate' Party. We attended a Princess Party and now she wants a Princess Party. At least we know she is having fun at the parties. Since her birthday is coming upon us soon, Roo is really starting to narrow down her plans. I have been really trying to steer her away from Pump It Up, My Gym, or Gymnastics. I don't need to have someone else do all the work, because I really like to do it - seriously. Okay - I might buy the cake, but the rest of the planning I can do AND LIKE TO!
For some reason, today Roo thought about it a lot and on a car ride this afternoon, she revealed the big plans. I will try to repeat word for word what she said, but there were a lot of details and I can't remember everything. I will not include my comments since I pretty much just nodded my head, and said things like, "Interesting," "Okay," and "Wow!" for about 15 minutes.
"Okay Mom, for my birthday, I think I would like to do a show. Everyone will play a part and you will make a movie of it. The show is going to be like Free Willy. I am going to be Jessie - except that I will need short hair, because he is a boy. Maybe I will have to put my hair in a ponytail and wear a wig. Aidyn will be Willy (the Orca Whale) because she has the biggest teeth. She is going to have to get a big black costume for that. Lydia will be the trainer since she has the shortest hair. She needs a boyfriend. Julia can be the boyfriend. But he isn't in the movie much so she will need to sit on the side until I tell her to come. We need a pool mom. Maybe we can go over to Evan's pool (our neighbors) and do the movie in the pool. Oh wait. It might be snowing. Well, Aidyn will just have to slither around in the snow. I will fall into the snow - I mean water and Aidyn will have to push me up to the surface. Someone will have to be the man who works at the pool who sees this happen. Maybe Julia can come out for that.
"After the movie, we will go sledding, eat cake, and open presents. And you should get a pinata too. When you go buy stuff for the party, make sure I close my eyes so I don't see what you get. But make sure you get those blowing things too."
Tonight I pray she wants to go to Pump It Up.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Friday, June 29, 2007
Thursday, June 07, 2007
It was a seriously exciting t-ball game last night. Daisy and Julia had some BEAUTIFUL rainbows and flowers drawn in the gravel. Of course each picture was autographed by their names.
The highlight of the BIG game was, of course, the snacks! What a cute team! Those kids had worked up quite an appetite out there. The past hour had been full of workouts in batting, running, throwing, catching, and gravel drawing.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
1) I stock up on toilet paper. Every toilet has at least 20 rolls under the sink. We have 5 toilets so that means we have at least 100 rolls of toilet paper in our house all the time. Apparently I am afraid that the toilet paper manufacturers may decide to stop making toilet paper. Now you know where to come if it ever happens.
2) I cut out coupons. I know this isn't weird, but I cut them out KNOWING FULL WELL THAT I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO USE THEM! I religiously cut them out on Sundays, organize them into my coupon books, and put them back in the cabinet until the next Sunday when I will cut out some more. I am unable to organize a trip to the grocery store with 2 young kids and look through my coupons at the same time. I even go through my coupon book and take out all the expired ones on a monthly basis (which ends up being the fate of every coupon I put in there!)
3) I make words out of license plates. While driving, I look at the license plates in front of me and make words out of the letters. TPF = ToP Flight, Telephone Pole Flag, Touchdown Punt Football... I go on and on until I come up with the best combination that will help me remember the license plate - in case that car is involved in a hit and run and I am a witness.
4) My favorite sandwich growing up was a peanut butter and bologna sandwich heated up in the microwave. I haven't had this in quite awhile - quite frankly beacuse the thought of it grosses me out now.
5) I do not 'knock on wood'. If someone says, " My kids haven't gotten sick - knock on wood." I spread my fingers out and keep them in the air. For some reason I don't believe in that - actually I believe that if I DO knock on wood, my kids will get sick!
Well, that's five. So do you think I am weird?