Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 

Lights, Camera, Pump it Up


Roo has been planning her birthday party since the day after her birthday last year. She discovers new ideas for the party around every corner. Or should I just say she leaves every birthday party wanting her's to be the exact same. It all started last January when she attended a party at My Gym. What a RUSH! Roo's parties have all been good ole homegrown parties at our house and this experience just blew her away. Not that I have anything against these parties - I actually love when my kids get invited because they have so much fun. It is just that we like to entertain at home. We like to plan parties, food, and games. We being Big J, Me, and the kids. It's fun for us.

Many of Roo's friends have fall birthdays, so we talk about birthdays A LOT! We left a 'Pirate ' Party and she wanted a 'Pirate' Party. We attended a Princess Party and now she wants a Princess Party. At least we know she is having fun at the parties. Since her birthday is coming upon us soon, Roo is really starting to narrow down her plans. I have been really trying to steer her away from Pump It Up, My Gym, or Gymnastics. I don't need to have someone else do all the work, because I really like to do it - seriously. Okay - I might buy the cake, but the rest of the planning I can do AND LIKE TO!

For some reason, today Roo thought about it a lot and on a car ride this afternoon, she revealed the big plans. I will try to repeat word for word what she said, but there were a lot of details and I can't remember everything. I will not include my comments since I pretty much just nodded my head, and said things like, "Interesting," "Okay," and "Wow!" for about 15 minutes.

"Okay Mom, for my birthday, I think I would like to do a show. Everyone will play a part and you will make a movie of it. The show is going to be like Free Willy. I am going to be Jessie - except that I will need short hair, because he is a boy. Maybe I will have to put my hair in a ponytail and wear a wig. Aidyn will be Willy (the Orca Whale) because she has the biggest teeth. She is going to have to get a big black costume for that. Lydia will be the trainer since she has the shortest hair. She needs a boyfriend. Julia can be the boyfriend. But he isn't in the movie much so she will need to sit on the side until I tell her to come. We need a pool mom. Maybe we can go over to Evan's pool (our neighbors) and do the movie in the pool. Oh wait. It might be snowing. Well, Aidyn will just have to slither around in the snow. I will fall into the snow - I mean water and Aidyn will have to push me up to the surface. Someone will have to be the man who works at the pool who sees this happen. Maybe Julia can come out for that.

"After the movie, we will go sledding, eat cake, and open presents. And you should get a pinata too. When you go buy stuff for the party, make sure I close my eyes so I don't see what you get. But make sure you get those blowing things too."

Tonight I pray she wants to go to Pump It Up.

Comments:
Oh. My. Goodness. You should SO do that party! You can use one of your video cameras to film it!

What will Ason's role be?

Emmadala just got invited to a party at a kid's chef school - it looks like fun, too.
 
I love that she is just as weird as her Aunt Ashley!

She went from wanting a Princess party to wanting to dress like a boy at her party??? That is surprising coming from such a girly-girl!
 
She's been hanging around Xavier too much. He has been planning his Sweet Sixteen party for the past two years. Currently it features a rented nightclub, bouncers, 75-200 guests, a dance show and possibly live music (or at least a hot DJ). We have advised him to A) start saving his money; and B) locate different parents.

On the other hand, Joe wants a Chuckie Cheese party next year. That makes me cringe too, but for different reasons.

Good luck with the party planning.
 
Wow, good luck. At least she's planning it now. If she waited a few years Aidyn's teeth might start falling out and then she would not make a very good whale. I hope the moms are invited to stay for the party because I really want to see all of this.
 
LOL!!! She obviously comes from a long line of party planners!

Can you get the neighbors to keep their pool open until December? It might cost a wee bit to heat it enough to keep the ice off but, hey, what are neighbors for?

I'm definitely coming to this party.
 
What an imagination! I don't think I could plan a party like that now as an adult. I guess that's a hazard of having grown up!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?