Tuesday, February 06, 2007

 

SHE'S WEIRD!


KJ tagged me a while back for this WEIRD thing. It has been tough. Not because I am not weird, but because I don't want to reveal too much!

1) I stock up on toilet paper. Every toilet has at least 20 rolls under the sink. We have 5 toilets so that means we have at least 100 rolls of toilet paper in our house all the time. Apparently I am afraid that the toilet paper manufacturers may decide to stop making toilet paper. Now you know where to come if it ever happens.

2) I cut out coupons. I know this isn't weird, but I cut them out KNOWING FULL WELL THAT I DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO USE THEM! I religiously cut them out on Sundays, organize them into my coupon books, and put them back in the cabinet until the next Sunday when I will cut out some more. I am unable to organize a trip to the grocery store with 2 young kids and look through my coupons at the same time. I even go through my coupon book and take out all the expired ones on a monthly basis (which ends up being the fate of every coupon I put in there!)

3) I make words out of license plates. While driving, I look at the license plates in front of me and make words out of the letters. TPF = ToP Flight, Telephone Pole Flag, Touchdown Punt Football... I go on and on until I come up with the best combination that will help me remember the license plate - in case that car is involved in a hit and run and I am a witness.

4) My favorite sandwich growing up was a peanut butter and bologna sandwich heated up in the microwave. I haven't had this in quite awhile - quite frankly beacuse the thought of it grosses me out now.

5) I do not 'knock on wood'. If someone says, " My kids haven't gotten sick - knock on wood." I spread my fingers out and keep them in the air. For some reason I don't believe in that - actually I believe that if I DO knock on wood, my kids will get sick!

Well, that's five. So do you think I am weird?

Labels:


Comments:
I do the license plate thing too!!!! In fact, I almost listed that as one of MY weird things! I still remember my last car's license because you and I came up with it. LVZ (Lori Vezee)spelling?

I like the toilet paper one. If I want to TP someone's house, I know where to go!
 
I hear you on the license plates. In fact, I do that to remember my own license plate. Except, I try to thing of only one or two words. One car starts PPR. We came up with pepper, peeper, pooper. Guess which one stuck. My parents had CGT. Cary Grant it became.

But, then again, I actually name my cars too. Sometimes it has to do with the license plate, sometimes not.
 
The minivan start with LVS. I always think of it as the Luvs Baby Soft car. My beater car starts with RED. I think that's kind of a sexy license plate. It may be a beater, but deep down it's Red Hot.

The spread finger thing sounds like what people do with their hands when someone is shooting free throws.
 
I love the coupon one! It sounds like someone we both know very well (but she has given up on it after decades of coupon cutting.)

TP--I'm with you on this---you know you'll use it and never want to be without.

License plate names--great idea! I've always suspected I would be a lousy witness for a hit and run since I don't know car models and can't remember licenses. "Could you describe the car, Ma'am?" "Yes, it was green." That wouldn't fly, would it?
 
other than the coupon thing you don't sound so weird.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?