Monday, April 24, 2006

 

McDreamy

I married my McDreamy (anyone watch Grey's Anatomy?). I was thinking about what attracted me to my husband and realized that I love him now for reasons I didn't know about before we got married.

Anyway, I came up with lots of reason why Big J is my McDreamy:

1) He brings me coffee and the paper in bed every morning.
2) He makes sure I have really warm long underwear on when I sit in the duck blind with him.
3) He's tall - can reach things and change lightbulbs.
4) He remembers what I wore on our first date.
5) He makes sure the refrigerator is stocked with Mike's Hard drinks for me.
6) He let my little sister live with us for 6 months.
7) He cleans bathrooms and does laundry.
8) He travels - but he calls me when he takes off and when he lands so I don't worry.
9) He worries about me if he can't contact me.
10) He cooks . . . and cleans the kitchen when he's done!
11) He's fun to dance with.
12) He cries at weddings, sappy commercials, and most hero/honor/sports movies.

Pretty simple list.

For some reason, women find comfort is husband bashing - I am trying to change that trend. Really - I realize that making sure I have really warm long underwear on doesn't sound that McDreamy, but I think it is sweet. He doesn't fold the laundry the way I want (or in my organized way), but at least he'll fold it. He cooks - more food than I ever need or want, but at least he's cooking. He'll clean the kitchen instead of change diapers, but I can't really complain when he's cleaning! He screws up on occasion and so do I, but we both have learned to apologize.

Anyway, he's my McDreamy.

Sappy, I know, but I don't care.

Comments:
Gag me. First of all...I thought you weren't supposed to write about your husband. Second of all, I'm glad I could be involved in helping you love your husband more.
 
Okay, that last comment sounded a little funny...I meant in reference to #6. You know what I mean!!
 
He's not reading this so I can do whatever I want - right?
 
Yes, my first comment was going to be that you broke his one requirement on only your second blog! He does sound pretty McDreamy....and don't forget how he love your McDog! All of this makes your McLife pretty terrific. (In case you didn't notice, I am totally paraphrasing Meredith on Grey's Anatomy.)
 
Don't watch Grey's, but I"m wondering about Ashley's comment, even with her qualification... hmmmm....

Mom is so addicted to that show, she left my whole family, Aunt Diana, and Dad upstairs while she went to watch it downstairs by herself. Mom, you have TIVO. If you use it, you can watch Grey's whenever you want! And without commercials!
 
O-o-o-oh, I knew I would get in trouble for that. Sorry, but an interminable Game of Life didn't grab me.....and Aunt Diana had already left.....and I don't know how to do the Tivo.....and I'm not sure why I am addicted to this show given its cavalier attitude toward casual sex. Plus I don't think Shepherd is that McDreamy. Go figure.
 
I suppose my "cavalier attitude toward casual sex" is why Mom doesn't like my blog. Anyway, I think Mom just likes the show because it's writer and creator is a Dartmouth woman from the class of '91. All I know about that show is that it was just finishing on Sunday night, September 25th, when certain little girl was about to be born. And she made me miss the ending.
 
Not true, Eric; I love your blog but I am who I am--I think Dad and others are just surprised how addicted I am to this.
...I didn't know about the Dartmouth connection--Meredith is a Dartmouth grad on the show, sweatshirt and all.
 
But can he do math in his head? The readers want to know.
 
Yes, he can - balances the check book to the penny and obsesses over it if it is off . . . but that is a different blog titled "He's Driving Me CRAZY!"
 
...McI'll McFollow McAlong... McHaskfLJaepiogrt93qqptgbgae.m,bfai

Sorry but I couldn't resist to McMom's first comment
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?