Friday, April 21, 2006

 

Birth Order


I love studying birth order. I love to analyze people's personalities and guess where they stand in their families. I also love when people don't fit the mold of their given birth order.

After taking the birth order quiz on the web, here were my results:

"You Are Likely an Only Child
At your darkest moments, you feel frustrated.At work and school, you do best when you're organizing.When you love someone, you tend to worry about them.
In friendship, you are emotional and sympathetic.Your ideal careers are: radio announcer, finance, teaching, ministry, and management.You will leave your mark on the world with organizational leadership, maybe as the author of self-help books"


Unfortunately, they are quite wrong - and right.

I am a middle child. But apparently I don't act like one. You see, my older siblings are 4 and 5 1/2 years older than me - so I was a classic youngest child - until 7 years later when my younger sister was born. The age gaps don't allow us to go by the books. I feel I spent time being the youngest, middle, and oldest child. I do know that I am a peace keeper, generally happy, easily adaptable, organized, and non confrontational. But, in certain situations, I am aggresive, a leader, and very passionate. A good balance for me.

If my husband has it his way, there won't be a middle child in our family. Not that I am fighting him too hard on it -I have my hands full right now. His family comes from the theory that you just replace yourself in this world - 2 kids. But it is weird to think that if my parents decided to stop at 2, there wouldn't be me.

Comments:
YEA! You're here!!!

I think Ason would make a great middle child, personally. But that's just me.
 
It said I was most likely an only child. Hmmm...
 
Well, it looks like the website quiz is stuck on "only child." MM, Mamadala and Allee are all only children! I, however, was a firstborn, at least according to the quiz results. I have no idea what this means, only that I have to assume it means I am better, and more compassionate, than all three of you. Sorry.
 
Houston, we have a problem. I, too, am most likely an only child! In fact my results are almost verbatim what Allee's were. However, I, too, had a somewhat different age spacing in my family growing up. All I can tell you is that my siblings are very much a part of my life and they would be quite surprised to find out I was an only child. By the way, a friend always describes his dysfunctional birth family this way: "My sister was an only child." I can only hope that none of my offspring feel this way!
Allee---Dad and I are glad we didn't just replace ourselves. Look what we would have missed!

Gotta go, now; I'm writing on a self help book.
 
I too came back "only child." I took a different blogger quiz and it came back "narcissist." Any connection?
 
The birth order test showed Patty and Shelby are 3rd and 1st born respectively.

We are, however, both the last born. Patty is #2 of two and I am #4 of four. Just as Eric noted we also have no idea what this means.

Patty and Shelby
 
I was an only child too! But when I went back to change one answer, I came up as a first born. I thought I was kind of a classic youngest, but I think our family is too weird and spaced out to tell.
 
Not to beat a dead horse, but the other thing I have read repeatedly is that whenever 5 or more years separate siblings, the younger one is more like a first or only child again. Thus, in all the families under discussion so far, this rule would apply to my sister Jacky, Ashley, David Coyle, Joe Hageman, and Baby Graves. It does not apply to Minnehaha Mama, Eric, Mamadala, Allee, Shelby, Pat, or me. We need to be retested!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?