Thursday, August 03, 2006

 

Addiction


Hey - is anyone still out there!?! Sorry if you have been cursing my name everytime you come to this blog and see PEA KNUCKLE! Well, anyway, thanks for checking up on me. No excuses for my 2 month absence. Don't be shy and let me know that you are still checking in on me.

Anyway. . .

My name is Allee. I shop at Target. There. I have said it. Although this is not a unique addiction (probably more Target shoppers than there are smokers!), it is an addiction nonetheless. My New Year's resolution last year was to limit my Target runs to once a week - which just meant that I spent twice as much on my one trip there. I give up. Their Dollar Spot is just too tempting. And Roo always seems to need more clothes off the clearance rack.

Well I think I hit an all-time low. School Supplies just went on sale - and I bought lots of them. Ten notebooks for a dollar. They don't get any cheaper than that. Here is a list of my purchases: Glue sticks, Elmer's School glue, lots of pencils, red pens, blue pens, black pens, ruler, markers (classic, bright, bold - thick and thin) crayons, folders, highlighters, backpack, scissors, and post-it notes.

Sounds like I am off to a great start. Ready for the school year. Except that I don't work and my kids are 1 and 3. AND, I already have all these supplies at my house from last year's sale! I guess instead of loading up on canned goods in case the bird flu comes my way, I am loading up on school supplies in case. . . oh I don't know. . . in case they decide to not put school supplies on sale the year my kids start going to school. Yeah right. I just can't resist. I am addicted.

Comments:
I was just saying today that I need some notebooks for work! If you need some off your hands, I'll buy some from you. Even give you a quarter for two of them!

I have been missing being so close to Super Target since I moved to uptown. But, I just saw that there is a new one opening on 7 and 169! Looks like trouble for me!
 
I don't know if you saw the most recent Target flier, but graduation caps and gowns are on sale right now. Why not load up? By 2023, they might be sold out. You also might want to look into some Y3K party hats.
 
OK, you must read this awesome Target post from one of my favorite blogs. Cut and paste the URL into your browser and then scroll down to the post titled "Walking the Gauntlet."

http://mommyofftherecord.blogspot.com/2006_06_01_mommyofftherecord_archive.html
 
Awww, shoot . . . the whole URL didn't show up. OK, do this instead. Go to mommyofftherecord.blogspot.com and then go into her June archives and scroll down to the aforementioned post. It's worth it. Really.
 
Yes, I had checked Pea Knuckle! nearly every day and was extremely exasperated that it was still there. Glad to have you back.

Could we have a sale or something on school supplies? I have many left over from last year's sale when I forgot to give them to the grandkids. O.K. I get first dibs!
 
Mom, why are you buying school supplies for your grandkids???
 
I told Beau about how my favorite time of year was when school supplies went on sale and I got new folders, notebooks, pens, markers, etc. He laughed at me. Good to know someone else is in my boat!

I don't so much try to limit my trips to Target...I try to limit how much I spend. Last two trips were $254 and $230. I'm not doing a very good job. Maybe if I go more often, I won't spend so much. At least, it won't seem like I am....
 
Just wanted to share a victory. The whole family made a trip to Target last night, and we only spent $1.74. Yep. And actually, I didn't spend it - Emmadala spent her own money to buy some flip-flops that were on clearance. She was so excited to pull some money out of her own pink poodle purse. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?